The dissolution of a marriage is often a tense and contentious time for both parties. Negation may prove challenging if parties are still harboring animosity and bitterness. Parental rights and property partition negotiations are terrifying prospects. Form DS-260, the “Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application,” is a critical form for individuals who have been approved for an immigrant visa to the United States and are seeking to immigrate.
In the event that efforts to mediate a dispute outside of court are unsuccessful, you may consult with a divorce attorney in Columbus about the various legal options.
Negotiating a dissolution is preferable to litigating a divorce for the following reasons:
- The financial toll of divorce is considerable. Most divorce attorneys in Ohio charge between $200 and $300 per hour. Everyone would probably agree that hiring an attorney at a rate of several hundred dollars an hour is a waste of money. The total cost of dissolution is typically far lower than the expense of a contested divorce because it is handled for a flat fee.
- Retaining Command – You and your partner have the unique ability to assess your family’s needs and make decisions based on those needs. When a couple goes to court to get a divorce, the judge is asked to make decisions about the division of property and the allocation of parenting responsibilities. Do you want someone to make life-altering decisions based on the little evidence presented in a trial?
- Be civil if you and your partner plan to raise a family together. You’ll be spending a lot of time together for many years to come. A foundation for future harmony can be laid in the process of negotiating a breakup. The children will benefit much if you and your partner can learn to get along quickly and amicably. Let there be no doubt: it’s tough for the kids when their parents’ marriage ends in divorce. You’re making a difficult situation even more so by engaging in a nasty custody dispute.
- The quicker and more amicably your divorce arrangements are settled, the sooner you can begin the process of moving on with your life. Divorce litigation is a time-consuming and draining process. A prolonged process means you have to bear the anguish, bitterness, and dread for an extended length of time, which might be months or even years. A dissolution is a quick and easy way to start fresh.
- A win-win resolution is one in which both parties feel that they’ve been treated fairly, allowing them to move past their hurt and anger and toward healing.